Tuesday, December 13, 2005

not much is going on right now, but i just realized that i'm going to be really busy and have lots of fun in the next two months.

- the karmapa (the head of the kagyu order of tibetan buddhism) is in sarnath right now, and apparently he'll be giving public teachings at some point in the next couple of weeks.
- then i have lots of friends coming. at the end of december, my pals tatjana and aditi are coming to varanasi for a week, and the folks from smith are coming for the exchange program. my good friend elizabeth promised to bring me some coffee from my favorite northampton cafe.
- then, on 5th january, we're all going down to south india for kalachakra (a teaching by the dalai lama). there will be TONS of people there, and it should be lots of fun.
- and then, after the exchange program leaves, my friend jo is coming to varanasi for a couple of months to lead a group of high school kids around. i can't even begin to explain how excited i am to see her.
- and at the end of february, i'm spending losar (tibetan new year) up north near manali with my friend yangri. her brother is becoming a geshe (the tibetan monastic equivalent of a ph.d. - it requires nearly 20 years of studying), and her family is having a big party to celebrate.

i'll post pictures soon so you can all see me with my new long hair and girlish figure. it's creepy.

also, i was just able to access my email for the first time in 2 weeks today. so if you've emailed me and i haven't responded, give me a couple of days and i'll get back to you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mak said...

do you have a specifc brand of dark chocolate you like?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home