Tuesday, November 29, 2005

i'm warning you, this post has some kind of gross details...

well, it finally happened.
after 3 months of thinking that i was invincible, i became violently ill on sunday night. and i mean violently ill. i spent two hours going back and forth between my room and the bathroom, and after there was literally NOTHING left in my system, i passed out on the way back to my room. luckily jojo was around to bring me water and tylenol at 3am. the next morning, she mentioned to my pal namgyal that i was sick, and the next thing i knew, i had 4 tibetans in my room, standing around petting my head, saying, "nying je, nying je" (which basically menas 'what a pitty' in tibetan). my friend kalsang brought me bananas, and forced me to eat some. then my friend pema brought me some noodles and forced me to eat some more. i couldn't keep any food down, but pema didn't care. when i stopped feeding myself, she picked up a spoon and force-fed me. i kept saying, "pema, really, i can't eat any more. i'm going to vomit." and she replied with, "good! then go and vomit, and when you come back, eat some more!" throughout the next 2 days, pema kept coming into my room, forcing me to eat (which inevitably led to me getting sick again), and kalsang always happened to come into the room when i was sleeping. apparently we had some amusing conversations, but i can't remember any of them.
luckily i had the doctor give me some antibiotics before i left the u.s., so i'm taking those and they seem to have done the trick.

but being sick in india is no fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home