Sunday, September 18, 2005

sunday

yesterday i had my first bout with culture shock since arriving in india. just a combination of being exhausted and frustrated with not knowing enough tibetan/hindi/etc., made me lock myself in my room and sleep for most of the day. everyone says it takes 3 months before you feel really comfortable with a language, and i know that it'll take time, but it's upsetting to get so frustrated sometimes.

things are going well, though. i'm in a much better mood today, and classes start tomorrow. i'm looking forward to having a routine. i'll pick up my chupa (tibetan dress) from the tailor tomorrow, then i'll be all set. all of the girls wear chupas to class... mine is navy blue with a yellow blouse, and jojo's is grey with a red blouse - michigan and ohio state!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty say's you don't want to be accused of being a "Wolverine". Trade with JoJo!
Love, Mom

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home